Baby Jason’s Story

May 16th, 2012 by Andrea

This is about my son Jason. My husband and I tried for 6 yrs to have a baby and in august of 2011 we found out we were finally going to be parents. It was the happiest days of our lives. Everything was going great with the pregnancy. My doctor even said I was having a text book pregnancy. Two weeks later I stated spotting I called the dr office and got the answering service they told me not to worry its probably nothing. Just lay down and relax. My gut told me differently and had my husband take me to the hospital. When we arrived they medical staff said it was a good chance it was nothing. I was checked just to find out I was in labor 3-4 cm. I was taken to the hospital that nicu. My son was born at 24 wks 5 days at 5:34 am 14 1/2 inches long and 2 lbs 1oz. Breathing on his own he even came out crying we didn’t get to hear cause the took him away so fast. We were told he was doing great on feb 2 I got to hold him for the first time. Two days later we got a phone call saying he took a turn for the worst and was being transfer to a children’s hospital. We were told he had developed NEC. Which lead to bp/breathing problems. At 2:45am he had his first of very many surgeries. There was lots of up and downs. Finally in march he was having lots of good days we were told we would be able to bring him home and to go ahead and have a baby shower. Just over two weeks later when visiting him something didn’t seem right. He hadn’t peed in over 12 hrs. We left the hospital and came home we had a funeral to go to in the morning. We got up the next day April 4,2011 our hearts told us something is not right we went up to the hospital instead of the funeral. He was no longer hook up to many meds the only thing going was the monitors. We were pulled into a private room and was told the NEC took over he went into multi organ failure. We took him off life support he passed away in arms that was only the second time I got to told him the first for my husband. Our son Jason passes away in my arms at 1:20pm on April 4,2011. I still find myself crying for him about 1-2 times a week. I miss him so much the only thing that seems to help is two months after he passed we found out we were pregnant again and have a beautiful baby girl.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *